Here is a recap of a few things we've made over the past few months. Bigger pictures and names follow after the jump.
Sunday, May 11, 2014
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Sunday, May 5, 2013
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Sunday, April 7, 2013
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
- Make the sauce:
- Saute slices of button mushrooms in butter. Add cream and reduce to 1/2.
- When quail is done browning in the pan deglaze with brandy and ignite.
- When the flaming is over add the cream mixture and reduce by 3/4, or until desired thickness is obtained.
- Keep warm until service.
- Make the quail:
- Follow the basics of Daniel Boulud in this video.
- Stuff with a 50/50 mix (by your eyes) of ground pork/meatloaf mix and mushrooms/shallots cooked in butter. (Make sure both are cold when you mix.)
- Brown the quail in the pan and roast in the oven.
- When done, remove and keep warm.
- Wilt spinach in olive oil and butter.
- Slice quail and plate.
Saturday, February 23, 2013
- Make the Chimichurri. (Recipe here.)
- The Hash:
- Peel Yukon gold potatoes and chop into a rough dice. Cover with cold water and salt it well. Cook the potatoes until fork tender. Drain. Return this to the same pan after cooking some red onions* in butter. Add cream and corn and heat through. When this is warm whisk vigorously to slightly mash the potatoes. Add salt, pepper, and fresh basil, then keep warm until ready to serve.
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Well it looks like I will be posting my first recipe in months. I've been developing my French repertoire and all that, but writing and organizing a new post here or there just isn't paying the dividends it used to. So, with that said here is a recipe that I think is worth keeping in mind for future use. (Actually, if I remember correctly I make this about twice a year, especially when I want a simple red pasta dish without all the heavy lifting.) Usually it is nothing to go crazy about, but I did make a pretty good version of it this weekend.