This is a quick and easy way to add a little flavor and a lot of color to your dishes. It is also a good way to use up extra parsley that you may have lying around after you made something else. Use this oil as a way to finish a plate; do not use it as a cooking oil.
1 bunch parsley
Light extra virgin olive oil
1 ice bath
1. Boil water over high heat.
2. With tongs, grab the full head of parsley and dunk it into the water without letting go of it, 8 to 10 seconds.
3. Remove parsley from water and immediately drown it in the ice bath.
4. When the parsley is cold, remove it from the water and pat it dry with paper towels.
5. Add blanched parsley to a blender and about a quarter cup of oil to start. Blend on high for 45 seconds.
6. Add about another quarter cup of oil. Blend again for 45 seconds.
7. Strain oil though a fine sieve to remove large pieces of parsley.
8. Taste the oil. If it is good to go, refrigerate until ready to use. If it is too strong, add more oil. If you do add more oil, clean your blender thoroughly and re-blend with the new oil added. (No need to re-sieve it though.)