- Make the sauce:
- Saute slices of button mushrooms in butter. Add cream and reduce to 1/2.
- When quail is done browning in the pan deglaze with brandy and ignite.
- When the flaming is over add the cream mixture and reduce by 3/4, or until desired thickness is obtained.
- Keep warm until service.
- Make the quail:
- Follow the basics of Daniel Boulud in this video.
- Stuff with a 50/50 mix (by your eyes) of ground pork/meatloaf mix and mushrooms/shallots cooked in butter. (Make sure both are cold when you mix.)
- Brown the quail in the pan and roast in the oven.
- When done, remove and keep warm.
- Wilt spinach in olive oil and butter.
- Slice quail and plate.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Saturday, February 23, 2013
- Make the Chimichurri. (Recipe here.)
- The Hash:
- Peel Yukon gold potatoes and chop into a rough dice. Cover with cold water and salt it well. Cook the potatoes until fork tender. Drain. Return this to the same pan after cooking some red onions* in butter. Add cream and corn and heat through. When this is warm whisk vigorously to slightly mash the potatoes. Add salt, pepper, and fresh basil, then keep warm until ready to serve.